With Easter fast approaching let Catscapes landscapes create the garden of your dreams for you to enjoy during this special time. From lawn care to irrigation; from a new design to rejuvenating an existing garden.
According to the calendar it should be early autumn, but in South Africa, the sun is still nice and warm — sitting high in the sky with no great hurry to set at the end of the day. Enjoy the special month of March by running around with your wheelbarrow filled with dark compost to cultivate the soil. Plant like there’s no tomorrow, feed everything that has given you pleasure so that they do it again, and go shopping for winter — and spring-flowering bulbs.
- Time to lift and divide agapanthus, wild iris, penstemon, campanula and asters. Cut them back, lift out, split up and replant into freshly composted soil.
- Sow Namaqualand daisies, sweet peas, poppies, primula, foxgloves, hollyhock and larkspur. Don’t be scared to sow the flowers that you love — success is guaranteed if you just follow the instructions on the seed packet.
- Sow seeds for new lawn grass, especially in colder areas where Shade Over and All Seasons Evergreen grow well.
- In the veggie garden, sow fast-growing greens like lettuce and spinach, and also start preparing to plant winter crops like cabbage, cauliflower, parsnips and broad beans.
- Top tip: Before it gets cold and the job becomes uncomfortable, clean out your water features. Check that your pump is clean and in good condition. You do not want to do this then!
Let Catscapes landscapes create the garden of your dreams this Summer.
Any extra space should be used for planting winter vegetables; so as the prices sky rocket you can be self sufficient. Let Catscapes landscapes create the perfect vegetable garden for all your requirements
Some content courtesy of Essential.